Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fireworks

The decision came all by itself.

PM : We appreciate your depth of knowledge but I think there is a little more dedication needed to be put in this project, since its the crucial delivery period. (The "crucial delivery period" has been prolonging since the last few months.)

PA: (Expected to say something, at least a lame excuse, but keeps mum.)

PM : Ummmm........ Is there something bothering you in your work. If there is, please discuss it with us, we can help you out.

PA : No sir, actually the problem is with me. I don't like this work.

PM : (Blinks twice) .......Okaaay.....

PM :(Regains composure) But see you have to be diligent towards any work.

PA : Yes sir, I totally agree. So I decided to resign. (And in my head, a thousand fireworks exploded.)

PM : (The blank stare is back.) Ummmm....but see no matter what company you join, you have to be diligent...(So its the Loop.)

PA : I am switching my field of work. Mostly to ads.(I think if I would've said "I want to be an astronaut with a pink bow, it would've had the same effect.")

PM : .....Okaay....



" It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourseIf.
Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about."

5 Comments:

Blogger Tikna said...

must have been the best moments of your work life thus far!!!
priceless i say!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger emeraldpond said...

totally dude!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Pritesh Jain said...

I was waiting for this post...
if you remember, I had asked you about it the day you told me about the resignation.
I can just imagine the peaceful state of mind you must have acheived that day.

2:14 AM  
Blogger Nasal Crooner said...

so when are u quitting?

2:43 AM  
Blogger sabygold said...

awesome...

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home