Monday, August 28, 2006

The Last Episode: Episode I

"OYE COME FAST…THERE’S SOMETHING UNDER MY CAR!!!""WHERE??!!!""LOOK BELOW THE CAR DAMMIT!!""O god!!...O shit!!!.....O …..god…Its still there.....alive!!!" It was small enough to fit in my palm.

Its neck was hanging limply, as if being soothed and comforted between two invisible hands.
The mouth was opening at inaccurate intervals to gulp down the last few gushes of air. Legs writhed and twitched. I even forgot to pray; maybe it wouldn’t have helped anyways. Maybe my prayer wouldn’t have worked anyways.

The pain was receding as a cold comfort was settling in its small demeanor. It was a life, meeting its end, on my palm.

It was more than just it. Maybe the news of his untimely demise would not have stirred much emotions in the canine world, but he has shattered my heart into smithereens.

My bounds of mortality, my shackles of being the insignificant other have caged me and left me to watch what I could not see, remember what I did not want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home